The Thurston County Elite Boxing Academy has enjoyed a long-term collaborative partnership with the Olympia Police Department, the Lacey Police Department and the Thurston County Sheriff‘s Department.
Some of the activities offered at the Thurston County PAL include:
- law-related educational classes (“Youth Academy”)
- law enforcement mentoring
- educational transitional services, GED and college preparation
- job skills and interview preparation classes for a successful careers
- life skills classes
- cognitive, personal and social development groups
- parent support groups and referral services
- annual summer teach retreat (a weekend educational summer camp excursion)
- annual summer boxing camp to learn boxing rules fundamentals, coaching and judging
- competitive amateur boxing for males and females ages 8 to 32
- juvenile and adult self-defense classes and the fundamentals of boxing for everyone from age 5 to senior citizens
- first aid
The Thurston County Police Athletic League is a unique juvenile crime prevention and intervention program designed to provide youth, including under-served boys and girls, with a highly structured, therapeutic, educational and life skills program to develop their understanding of civic values along with individual reliability, accountability and responsibility.